Announcing a new online course: Cyber Hygiene for K-12 Teachers
In K-12 education, new technologies and applications have helped to enhance and change the landscape of learning for students all over the world. With these new technologies and powerful education tools, educators now have the added responsibility to ensure their students are equipped to safely learn in these new and ever-changing environments. Teachers must not only teach their students about the affordances and risks of this digital transformation, but they must also understand how to protect themselves, their data, and their students’ data. As cyberattacks increasingly target K-12 school systems, teachers who understand how to protect data can become invaluable assets to their institutions.
By enrolling in this course, you will:
- Better understand how to keep yourself and your students safe online.
- Learn to create stronger passwords to secure your information.
- Be able to identify and protect yourself from social engineering tactics.
- Become proficient in identifying and avoiding malware.
- Be able to implement cyber hygiene in your teaching immediately.
This course was designed with teachers in mind and purposefully connects cyber hygiene with K-12 education — helping teachers protect themselves and their students. Each of the five modules contains interactive content, videos, and quizzes to ensure participants complete the course with a firm understanding of the concepts being taught. While the content itself can be completed within a 3 to 5 hour timeframe, participants are given a period of 30 days so they are able to complete the content on their own terms. Upon completion, a digital badge is awarded to enhance resumes and showcase on professional social media profiles. Cost: $25
Why choose this course?
- Earn a credential backed by a major research university.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis — no application required.
- Learn at your own pace in a convenient online format.
- Gain a foundational understanding of cybersecurity concepts for K-12 education.
Looking for a similar course you can recommend to students and parents? We’ve just added “Cyber Hygiene for Students Grades 7th thru 12th and Parents” to our course catalog!
Each month FCIT publishes a newsletter with short articles on teaching and learning with technology, using digital content in the classroom, and technology integration. Subscribe today! The subscription form will open in a new window. When you have subscribed, you can close the new window to return to this page.