TIMT-150: Coaching and Mentoring with the TIM-C
About this course
Coaching and mentoring are among the most powerful tools in any professional development program. While there are many excellent models for implementing a guided, reflective practice program, all of these programs share some basic elements. The TIM Coaching Tool, or TIM-C, is an online tool for developing, tracking, and recording outcomes from coaching cycles. Coaching is structured communication between two professionals with the general aim of improving professional practice for at least one of them. TIM-C provides an easy way to guide colleagues through a coaching cycle and document coaching work across a school or district.
This course provides instruction on how educators can use TIM-C to support their coaching or mentoring work. Specifically, this course will provide an introduction to the TIM-C and coaching cycles, goal setting, planning and monitoring coaching activities, recording outcomes, and reflecting on the process. Regardless of the coaching model being used, the TIM-C can support consistent, guided, reflective practice across a school or district.
What will I learn in this course?
Week 1: Introduction to the TIM-C and Coaching Cycles
After an overview of the TIM-C structure, you will learn how to create a coaching cycle within the TIM-C, select participants, and create an implementation plan.
Week 2: Focus and Goals
You will learn how to set an overall focus for your coaching cycle, how to create effective goals informed by your data, and how to record them in the TIM-C.
Week 3: Plan and Monitor Activities
Once you’ve set your goals, it’s important to plan the learning activities that will take your professional practice from point A to point B and monitor progress along the way.
Week 4: Record Outcomes and Reflect on the Coaching Cycle
In this module, you will learn how to record outcomes for your goals within the TIM-C. As the final phase, you will reflect on what was accomplished in the coaching cycle, rate its effectiveness, and decide what to carry forward.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Interact with your instructor and participants from other schools and districts.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work each weekly module at your own pace. Some courses will include live online meetings scheduled around participant availability.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. No application or prerequisites required.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Facilitated online course. Work each weekly module at your own pace.
COST: $120. Discounts for groups.
SCHEDULE: This course is offered five times each each year.
- February. Register by January 25.
- April. Register by March 25.
- June. Register by May 25.
- August. Register by July 25.
- October. Register by September 25.
Sessions can be scheduled at other times for groups. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours and costs $120.00. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.