TIMTSPF-140 TIM Observer Training (Self-Paced, Facilitated)
About this course
This course is designed to prepare teachers and instructional leaders to conduct classroom observations using the Technology Integration Matrix Observation Tool (TIM-O). Participants in this course will use their organization’s observation plan and protocol. The modules will provide an overview of the TIM-O and guided practice using the tool. Topics include introduction to the TIM and TIM-O, guidance and mentoring toward consistent, unbiased application of the TIM-O, techniques for conducting efficient and effective observations, and strategies for observing both solid and borderline examples.
What will I learn in this course?
Module 1: What is the TIM-O?
The TIM-O is a classroom observation tool that guides the observer through the process of looking at a lesson through the lens of the Technology Integration Matrix (TIM). This week, participants will review the TIM, learn about the TIM-O, access the tools, and explore the protocol their institution will use to implement the TIM-O.
Module 2: How Do Experts Use the TIM-O?
In order to feel comfortable using the TIM-O in a real classroom, it is important that observers see and experience many different examples that span the full spectrum of technology use and classroom practice. During week two, participants will review benchmark observation videos and examples with expert support and practice their understanding of what to look for while observing.
Module 3: How Do I Use the TIM-O to Conduct Observations?
After seeing many benchmark examples, it is time for participants to jump in and practice their own observation skills. In week three, participants will walk through solid examples with expert guidance and practice using the TIM-O to observe classrooms in the provided video examples.
Module 4: How Do I Effectively Use Results from the TIM-O?
Now that participants have seen numerous example lessons and practiced their own observations using the TIM-O, it is time to stretch to address some examples where the TIM level is unclear. During this final week, participants will gain a better understanding of how bias and self-monitoring impact the observation process, use the TIM-O to observe additional lessons, and explore how to interpret and use TIM-O results.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, self-paced, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Receive individualized feedback from your instructor.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work through each module at your own pace.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. No application or prerequisites required.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Self-Paced, facilitated online course. Work each module at your own pace but still receive individualized feedback from an expert facillitator.
COST: $120. Discounts for groups of 10 or more.
SCHEDULE: This course is completely self-paced and registration is open continuously. You will have 6 weeks to complete the course once registered.
Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
4. Will there be any interaction?
5. When will the other courses be offered?
6. Can I still have a custom instance of a course with group interaction for my team?
7. Why are you making these changes?