ICTI-170: Creating Interactive Digital Narratives
About this course
ICTI-170: Creating Interactive Digital Narratives will introduce educators to tools for integrating digital storytelling in the classroom. This course provides a foundation for developing digital narratives and introduces these concepts through examples, readings, and interactive discussions. Throughout this course, you will explore an array of valuable resources that you will use to create your own interactive digital narrative.
What will I learn in this course?
Week 1: Introduction to Digital Narratives
This week you will explore various tools for integrating digital narratives in the classroom. As you review the resources, consider how you would use each of these technologies to support your learners.
Week 2: Plan Your Digital Narrative
In this section, you will begin planning your digital narrative. You will examine various planning tools, write your script, and develop your storyboard.
Week 3: Integrating Digital Narratives in the Classroom
This week you will explore the Technology Integration Matrix and consider how you would integrate digital narratives in your classroom.
Week 4: Create Your Digital Narrative
In this final module, you will apply what you have learned throughout the course to create your own digital narrative. Resources for applying copyright and fair use principles and APA guidelines are also presented in this module.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, self-paced, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Receive individualized feedback from your instructor.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work through each module at your own pace.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. No application or prerequisites required.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Facilitated online course. Work each weekly module at your own pace.
COST: $120 per participant with discounts for larger groups.
SCHEDULE: This course can be scheduled for groups from the same school or district. It is not available for individual registration. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.