ICTI-160: Digital Communication Tools for Teaching and Learning
About this course
This course provides instruction on best practices and considerations for integrating various communication tools in the classroom. Learners will explore synchronous and asynchronous communication tools, social media, educational apps, and various Web 2.0 tools and examine how these applications can be used to support learning.
What will I learn in this course?
Week 1: Communication Modes and Tools
During this week, you will have an overview of asynchronous and synchronous communication and Web 2.0 tools. Please make sure to also complete the Online Class Meeting Availability Poll in this module.
Week 2: Resources for Effective Communication
In week two, you will be provided with an overview of communication resources including social media and educational apps. It will also provide an overview of multimedia learning theory.
Week 3: Technology Integration
This week, you will explore the Technology Integration Matrix and consider its use for your classroom. You will also share your lesson while participating in a synchronous class meeting.
Week 4: Multimedia in the 21st Century Learning Environment
In this final week, you will explore various multimedia and presentation tools that can be used by teachers to design and deliver instruction as well as with K-12 students in the 21st century classroom and discuss issues around Copyright and Fair Use. At the end of this module, you will create your own multimedia presentation using a tool of your choice.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Interact with your instructor and other participants.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work each weekly module at your own pace. Some courses will include live online meetings scheduled around participant availability.
- Flexible starting dates can be arranged for school or district groups.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Facilitated online course. Work each weekly module at your own pace.
COST: $120 per participant with discounts for larger groups.
SCHEDULE: This course can be scheduled for groups from the same school or district. It is not available for individual registration. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.