ICTI-110: BYOD 1—How and Where to Start
About this course
Bring-Your-Own-Device policies are an important way to leverage powerful technology resources and engage learners, but there are many challenges to consider before getting started. Some topics addressed in the course include establishing a team and purpose, preparing the infrastructure, dealing with unequal access and internet safety, as well as evaluating lessons that make the most of BYOD curriculum. Thoughtful development of policies is an important way to ensure success. The course readings and assignments will help you build a strong foundation for making wise decisions to establish a quality BYOD program.
What will I learn in this course?
Week 1: Plan for BYOD
This module will help you to gain a better understanding of BYOD programs and assist you in setting goals and developing a plan for your district, school, or classroom.
Week 2: Develop a Support Network
Launching a successful BYOD program will require the support of a variety of stakeholders. This module will help you to develop a network of support including technology specialists, teachers, administrators, parents and students as well as help you to outline your objectives and expectations for your BYOD policy.
Week 3: Investigate Technology & Infrastructure Needs
To ensure a smooth launch of your BYOD program, you must first understand a bit about bandwidth, hardware/software, security and privacy laws. In this module, you will learn about the more technology needs and requirements of a successful BYOD program for your district, school, or classroom.
Week 4: Implement a BYOD Plan
Like any new program or strategy implementation, teachers need to be prepared. In this module, you will develop a professional support plan for ongoing growth and outline your preferred classroom procedures for managing the devices effectively. You will also explore some of these resources to establish your framework for curriculum building in a BYOD classroom, school, and/or district.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, self-paced, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Receive individualized feedback from your instructor.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work through each module at your own pace.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. No application or prerequisites required.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Facilitated online course. Work each weekly module at your own pace.
COST: $120 per participant with discounts for larger groups.
SCHEDULE: This course can be scheduled for groups from the same school or district. It is not available for individual registration. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.