ICTI-100 Integrating E-Portfolios in the K-12 Learning Environment
About this course
This course provides instruction on best practices and considerations for integrating e-portfolios in the classroom. Learners will explore various Web 2.0 tools and examine how these applications can be used to support students in creating e-portfolios that demonstrate mastery of skills.
What will I learn in this course?
Module 1: Introduction to E-Portfolios
In this introduction you will explore how and why you may use e-portfolios in the classroom. You will also learn what an e-portfolio should include and about different e-portfolio classifications.
Module 2: Tools for Creating E-Portfolio Tools
This section will introduce you to various Web 2.0 tools that can be used to support students in creating e-portfolios and discuss considerations for integration in the classroom.
Module 3: Create an E-Portfolio
In this module you will learn how to create an e-portfolio using various Web 2.0 tools.
Module 4: Evaluating E-Portfolios
In this module, you will learn how to evaluate an e-portfolio. You will review e-portfolios and provide feedback to help enhance the professional e-portfolios of your peers.
Module 5: Submit Your Professional E-Portfolio
In this section, you will examine feedback provided by your peers and refine your e-portfolio. You will submit your professional e-portfolio at the end of this module.
Why choose iTeach online courses?
- Courses are delivered completely online, and facilitated by an expert in the field.
- Interact with your instructor and participants from other schools and districts.
- Courses are equivalent to twenty professional development contact hours.
- Work each weekly module at your own pace. Some courses will include live online meetings scheduled around participant availability.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. No application or prerequisites required.
- Receive a course completion certificate and digital badge after successfully completing the course. Use your badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, your email signature block, or electronic copies of a résumé.
- All iTeach courses are designed to help educators and administrators more successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning.
FORMAT: Facilitated online course. Work each weekly module at your own pace.
COST: $120. Discounts for groups.
SCHEDULE: This course is offered in May of each year. Register by April 25. Sessions can be scheduled at other times for groups. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours and costs $120.00. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
Sessions can be scheduled at other times for groups. The course is equivalent to 20 contact hours and costs $120.00. Email TIM@fcit.us for group scheduling, volume discounts, or other questions.
View the iTeach catalog for additional courses.