TIMT-100: Implementing TIM Evaluation Tools
Learn how to utilize the Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) and the TIM Tools to describe and compare classroom technology use.
If you’re thinking about these sorts of questions, this course is for you!
How can I improve the level of technology integration in my teaching?
The TIM will help you by providing a profile for any lesson. Comparing the resulting profile to the descriptors for the next higher TIM level will suggest specific modifications you can make to improve your technology integration.
How can I identify PD needs for technology in my school?
The Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey will provide essential information about current teacher use and perceptions of technology. TUPS results can be used to identify professional development needs and facilitate coaching, in addition to collecting baseline data for special initiatives and informing purchase decisions.
How can I evaluate technology integration during classroom observations?
The TIM Observation Tool will allow you to conduct classroom walkthroughs that can be used for formative feedback, peer coaching, grant evaluation, or PD. You will also learn how to implement two additional versions of the observation tool for review of lesson plans and for teacher self-reflection.
This course represents 20 contact hours. All iTeach courses align with national standards for professional learning. Check with your district staff development office to ensure they will accept this course for in-service points.
This course will help teachers meet the National Education Technology (NET) standards 1-5.
- Identify how the TIM associates five levels of technology integration (i.e., entry, adoption, adaptation, infusion, and transformation) with five characteristics of meaningful learning environments (active, constructive, goal directed (i.e., reflective), authentic, and collaborative (Jonassen, Howland, Moore, & Marra, 2003).
- Identify key factors in designing an Observation Plan and how the TIM-O is used for this purpose.
- Design an Observation Plan using the TIM-O.
- Use the Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey (TUPS) to gain a better understanding of how educators use technology in their teaching, their level of experience with technology, and their comfort with and attitudes toward technology.
- Create a TUPS Implementation Plan.
- Identify strategies for integrating data into instructional technology planning.
- Satisfactorily complete all modules within the specified time period
- Maintain a score of 70 and above throughout each module
- Receive a final score of 70 and above for the course
Certificates will be emailed directly to participants once the facilitator submits final grades and the course completes its review.
- Course Orientation Overview
- Week 1: Overview of the Technology Integration Matrix
- Week 2: Using the Technology Integration Matrix Observation Tool
- Week 3: Using the Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey
- Week 4: Connecting the TIM to Professional Development Planning and the Digital Classroom Plan
Our TIMT-100: Implementing TIM Evaluation Tools facilitators are qualified instructional technology experts, committed to empowering educators in using digital tools to improve students’ success. They will guide you through each module, answer you questions and provide you with timely and specific feedback.